“I’ve been fine-tuning this course over half a lifetime in Rome and it’s always a thrill to lead.”
– Tom Rankin, Study Leader
DATES: 5-day Architectural Travel Program
15-19 April 2019
STUDY LEADERS: Architect Tom Rankin and chosen English-speaking colleagues, all Rome residents with expertise in architecture.
COST: $1500 per person, including instruction, lunches and one final dinner, entrance fees, activities, ground transport for excursions, and course materials. Lodging can be upon request for an additional fee.
DESCRIPTION:In partnership with Rankin & Greene LLC and with the planning and consulting of Studio TRA_20 (Tom Rankin Architect) this five day educational program introduces participants to Roman architecture of all epochs.
- Stay in lodging of your choice; we can recommend places to meet diverse budgets. We suggest that you stay within a 15 minute walk of Campo de’ Fiori if possible.
- Each day we meet at a centrally-located teaching facility or another easy-to find location in the city to begin our session.
- Organized chronologically, we will visit architectural monuments in the city center and using both private and public transportation head out to some outlying sites as well.
- Small groups of no more than twelve mean personalized attention and the chance to engage in local culture.
- Meet local archaeologists in the trenches, working on unearthing the ancient city, and innovative designers in their studios creating Rome’s newest layers.
- Visit many of Rome’s hidden architectural treasures, where tourists seldom go.
- If you like our experts can help set up other walking tours or excursions before (or after) the program.